Global Corporate Logistics Terms and Conditions
Welcome to our site, www.globalcorporatelogistics.com, www.gclparcel.com (the ‘Site’) and thank you for using Global Corporate Logistics’ Services! These Global Corporate Logistics Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) describe Your rights and responsibilities as a customer of our Services.
Our Services may be subject to additional terms specific to that Service. These additional terms shall be Service-Specific Terms (‘Specific Terms’) which shall be contained in a separate order form upon purchase of such Services which may include additional partner-carrier terms and conditions. By accessing or using the Service/s covered by Specific Terms, you also agree to be bound by such Specific Terms. In the event of a conflict between these Terms and the Specific Terms, the Specific Terms shall prevail. Nothing in these Terms is intended to limit any rights You might have as a customer under applicable law or other statutory rights that may not be excluded.
All Consignments shall be transported on a limited liability basis, as provided herein. Should You require greater coverage for Your Consignment, such coverage can be arranged at an additional cost to You.
We reserve the right to change these Terms from time to time without prior notice.
- a) “Collection Point” shall mean the address from which the Consignment is to be collected, as per the User’s instructions;
- b) “Consignment” shall mean any item/s (including documents and/or items and/or other) of whatever kind which is, may be, or is intended to be received by Us from a sender at an address that We are to carry and deliver to a recipient at another address;
- c) “Customer” shall mean the person/entity who has contracted Us, as per the Service Order, to collect and/or deliver the Consignment;
- d) “Delivery Point” shall mean the specified address on the Consignment for delivery;
- e) “Excepted Risks” shall include:
(i) war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection or military or usurped power, or loot, sack or pillage in connection, and/or
(ii) ionising radiations or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel, and/or
(iii) radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or nuclear component of the same, and/or
(iv) pressure waves caused by aircraft and other aerial devices travelling at the speed of sound or faster, and/or
(v) the absence, failure or inadequacy of the packing or packaging used for a Consignment.
- f) “Service” shall mean the provision of services by us for you which shall include the carriage and service of a Consignment in accordance with these Terms and the Service Order;
- g) “Service Order” shall mean the summary of the order which has been input as an order by you.
- h) “Us”, “We” or “Our” shall mean Global Corporate Logistics, including its directors, employees and/or agents and/or subcontractors or couriers acting on our behalf;
- i) “You”, “Your” shall mean the Customer who has contracted with Us as per the Service Order and shall be either the entity You represent in accepting these Terms or, if that is not applicable, to You individually.
YOUR AGREEMENT WITH US FOR THE PROVISION OF SERVICES
- Unacceptable Consignments:
1.1 A Consignment shall be deemed to be unacceptable in the following circumstances:
- If there is no customs declaration and one is required by applicable customs regulations;
- If it contains any hazardous, restricted, dangerous or prohibited materials as determined by the ADR (European Road Transport Regulation on dangerous goods), by IATA (International Air Transport Association), by ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization), or any other relevant and/or regulatory organisation (“Dangerous Goods”).
- If it contains any items that are on Our prohibited list that cannot be carried legally or safely which includes, but is not necessarily limited to, livestock, oxidising or radioactive materials, gases, pyrotechnics, corrosive materials, toxic materials, flammable materials, explosives, perishable goods.
- If it contains illegal goods, counterfeit goods, animals, ammunitions and/or explosives, bullion, gemstones, currency, human remains and/or narcotics.
- If the address on the Consignment is incorrect or not properly marked, if the packaging is defective or not adequate enough to ensure safe transportation with ordinary care in handling.
Deliveries and Undeliverables
2.1 We are unable to make deliveries to postal boxes (PO Boxes) or postal codes.
2.2 The Consignment shall be delivered to the address, as stated on the Consignment, however, not necessarily to the named recipient personally, unless otherwise arranged. Any Consignment/s with an address that falls within a central receiving area shall be delivered to that area.
2.3 All Consignments are to be accepted at the Delivery Point. The recipient at the Delivery Point shall be required to provide Us with an appropriate acknowledgement of receipt which acknowledgement of receipt shall be deemed to be conclusive proof of delivery of the Consignment by Us. This clause shall not apply if the acknowledgement of receipt has been obtained as a result of fraud, collusion or dishonesty by Us.
2.4 If Your employees are on strike, including any employees of the person receiving such delivery, Our representative shall not be required to perform any additional duties or any duties of a strike-breaking nature.
2.5 We may notify a receiver of an upcoming delivery or a missed delivery. The Receiver may be offered an alternative delivery option, including delivery on another day, redirection or collection. The person sending the Consignment may exclude certain delivery options, upon request.
2.6 If the Consignment is deemed unacceptable, as per clause 1 hereof, or if the Consignment has been undervalued for customs and/or delivery purposes, or the receiver cannot be reasonably located or identified, or in the event that the receiver refuses to take delivery or to pay customs duties or other Consignment charges, We shall use reasonable efforts to return the Consignment to the Customer of the Consignment at the Customer’s own cost. In the event the Customer fails to cover these costs, the Consignment may be disposed of, released or sold without incurring any liability whatsoever, with the proceeds applied against customs duties, Consignment charges and any related administrative costs with the balance of the proceeds of a sale to be returned to the Customer.
2.7 We shall have the right to destroy any Consignment which any law prevents Us from returning to the Customer as well as any Consignment of Dangerous Goods.
3.1 We reserve the right to open and inspect a Consignment for safety, security, customs and/or other regulatory reasons, without notice to the Customer.
- Charges and Fees
4.1 Our Consignment charges shall be calculated according to the higher of actual or volumetric weight per item and any item may be re-weighed and re-measured by Us to confirm the calculation.
4.2 All fees and/or charges, as stated in the Order Schedule or in relation to the Specific Terms, shall be exclusive of VAT and/or any other applicable duties in respect of the Consignment that may be payable. To the extent that any such VAT and/or duties are payable, You must pay to Us the amount of such VAT and/or duties in addition to any amounts owed under these Terms and/or the Specific Terms.
4.3 All Global Corporate Logistics’ charges and fees for the services shall be calculated based on the higher of either the actual or volumetric weight per item. We reserve the right to re-weigh and re-measure any item and to recalculate Our charges and fees based on any discrepancies.
4.4 The Customer (either the sender of the Consignment or the receiver, as the case may be) shall pay or reimburse Us for all Consignments or other charges, including duties, that We may incur on the Customer’s behalf. We reserve the right to request payment of customs duties and any other charges paid on Your behalf prior to delivery of the Consignment.
4.5 Amounts due must be paid through Our Site’s offered payment portals, as stated.
4.6 You agree to pay all amounts due in accordance with these Terms or the Specific Terms, as applicable, in a timely manner, by the due dates and in the currency, as specified. You further agree that Global Corporate Logistics may bill Your credit card or other payment method for agreed-to expenses, unpaid fees, and/or any under-estimations of Consignment weight and/or value, as applicable.
4.7 If You default in payment by the due date, as per the Specific Terms, then all amounts owing to Global Corporate Logistics shall immediately become due and payable by You, without prejudice to any other remedy available to Global Corporate Logistics.
4.8 You will make all due payments, as specified in the Specific Terms. Except as otherwise specified herein or in the Specific Terms:
- a) Amounts due are based on the Services purchased and not actual usage; and
- b) Any amounts paid may be NON-REFUNDABLE.
4.9 Global Corporate Logistics offers 2 different account types, depending on the Customer. The account type shall be Business Account Holder and Non-Business Account Holder.
4.9.1 FOR OUR BUSINESS ACCOUNT HOLDERS:
- If you are a business account holder then:
- We shall issue You with an invoice which shall be due and payable within 7 days of the invoice being issued. These business account holder invoices shall be issued monthly in arrears;
- In the event a business account holder should fail to make a payment on an invoice which is due, We reserve the right to charge interest on such overdue amount at the rate of 8% per annum above the current Bank of England’s base lending rate, from time to time, which shall accrue on a daily basis as from the due date, compounding quarterly;
- A business account holder shall pay all such amounts due in full without any deductions or withholding, except as required by law. Furthermore, the business account holder shall not be entitled to assert any set-off, counterclaim or credit against Us as a justification for withholding any payments in whole or in part.
4.9.2 FOR OUR NON-BUSINESS ACCOUNT HOLDERS
- If you are a non-business account holder then:
- You shall be required to make payment of all and any charges and amounts due in respect of the Services in accordance with the payment terms as set out in the Service Order;
- If, through the provision of Services We are required to deliver a Consignment on a bank or public holiday, We reserve the right to make a reasonable additional charge for any additional costs incurred by Us as a result;
- All charges and amounts stated, either in an invoice or Service Order, shall be exclusive of any VAT. VAT and/or any other additional taxes and/or duties shall be added to the total amount which shall be payable by You.
- Handling Consignments
5.1 Loading and Unloading
- Any collections or deliveries of a Consignment from or to Your premises, We shall be under no obligation to provide equipment and/or additional labour in order to load or unload a Consignment. Such loading or unloading shall be Your obligation to arrange and carry out.
- Any Consignment, or part Consignment that does require special equipment for loading or unloading shall be accepted by Us for transportation on condition that the Customer shall provide such special equipment at the premises where the Consignment is to be collected from (“Collection Point”) and delivered to (“Delivery Point”). In the event that such special equipment is not available at the Collection or Delivery Point, We agree to load/unload the Consignment on the understanding that We shall bear no liability of any kind to You for any damages and/or losses resulting from such loading/unloading, whether by Our negligence or not. You agree to indemnify Us and hold Us harmless against any claim or demand arising from any person as a result of Us agreeing to load/unload.
5.2 Collection and Delivery
- We shall make one delivery attempt of the Consignment. If We are not able to obtain an acknowledgement of delivery on such first attempt at the Delivery Point, You hereby authorise Us to attempt to deliver the Consignment to, or obtain a delivery receipt from an alternative address in the vicinity of the Delivery Point. If such delivery is successful, We will leave details at the Delivery Point of the address to which the Consignment was delivered. If We’re not able to deliver the Consignment, either to the Delivery Point or a nearby address, the Consignment shall be returned to our premises and You shall be required to contact Us to arrange for alternative delivery arrangements within 7 days failing which We will return the Consignment to You at Your cost.
5.3 International Carriage
- Should the Delivery or Collection Point be a country outside of the United Kingdom, Our liability shall be governed by the relevant provisions of the Convention on the Contract for International Carriage of Goods by Road as will more fully appear in the Schedule to the Carriage of Goods by Road Act 1965, as amended (the “CMR Regulations”) and these provisions shall, hereby, be deemed to be incorporated into these Terms. In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms and the provisions contained in the CMR Regulations, the provisions of the CMR Regulations shall prevail. You may request a copy of these CMR Regulations, however, You will be deemed to have read, understood and agreed to them and their incorporation into these Terms.
- Should any transportation of the Consignment take place by air travel which involves stopping in a country other than the country of departure, then the Montreal Convention, as amended, shall be applicable to such part of the transportation that takes place by air travel. Our maximum liability, in this instance, in respect of any loss or damage to the Consignment during such air travel shall be limited to £1,870 per tonne of the gross weight, including packaging, as set out in the Montreal Convention.
- Global Corporate Logistics is not responsible for any import taxes and duties, local customs charges, duties or similar charges which may be incurred through our carriage and/or delivery of any Consignment. You are required to satisfy Yourself as to which additional charges and/or duties may be due on Your Consignment before placing the order with Us. If We are required to pay any such additional charges and/or duties on Your behalf, You agree to reimburse Us fully within 7 days of Our request for payment.
- You acknowledge and agree that We may be required to subcontract parts of Our Services in order to provide the best services for our Customers. By making use of Our services, You agree that both the subcontractor and We shall be entitled to the protection as set out in these Terms which exclude or limit liability for any losses or damage.
5.5 Schedule for Completion
- Any period or date for the delivery of the Consignment, as stated by Global Corporate Logistics, is intended as an estimate only and is not a contractual commitment. Global Corporate Logistics will use all its commercially reasonable endeavours to meet any estimated dates for the delivery of Consignments. Global Corporate Logistics may extend those times to the extent deemed reasonable to do so having regard to:
(a) the protection of personal safety or property;
(b) Your breach of contract, or negligence or other default, including any failure to provide information, payment or resources required for Global Corporate Logistics to provide the Services; or
(c) the occurrence of any circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Global Corporate Logistics.
- Unless special arrangements have been made between You and Us, in writing, Global Corporate Logistics accepts no responsibility for the departure or arrival dates of any Consignments.
- Mutual Responsibilities
6.1 Global Corporate Logistics Warranties
- Global Corporate Logistics shall, subject to these Terms and the Specific Terms:
- deliver the Services with such effort as would be made by a reasonable entity of the same kind in the same circumstances;
- provide the Services with reasonable skill and care and to the best of Our ability, employing Our particular knowledge, experience and technical know-how;
- comply with all reasonable requests from time to time given to Us by You to manage the relationship; and
- comply with and behave in accordance with business ethics and all applicable laws.
6.2 Our Obligations
- Global Corporate Logistics shall carry out the services with such effort as would be made by a reasonable entity of the same kind in the same circumstances in return for the payment of all fees and charges by You of the amounts set out and due as per the Service Order and in accordance with these Terms.
- As Global Corporate Logistics, We shall have the right to make changes to the service/s We supply and the way in which We supply them when necessary to comply with all applicable laws or safety requirements or which do not materially affect the quality of the services We provide.
6.3 Your Obligations
- Abide by these Terms and the Specific Terms;
- Obtain, procure and give any consents, permissions, access, facilities, information, cooperation, permits, authorities, notices and licences (whether or not required by law) which are reasonably needed to enable Global Corporate Logistics to provide the Services;
- Provide Global Corporate Logistics with all the required information, materials and/or resources, or otherwise, as may be reasonably required to provide the Services and ensure that the information that You provide to Us on the Order Schedule is accurate and complete and that You co-operate with Us fully in relation to Our provision of the Services, as applicable;
- You shall provide to Us all required and reasonable access to the Collection Point and You shall be required to ensure that the Collection Point is free of any and all hazards, including materials, that do not pose a health risk to Us;
- You agree and confirm that You will not cause Us to be carrying anything that is illegal or unlawful (either within the country of Collection, within the UK, and/or within the country in which the Consignment is to be delivered). In the event that You do cause Us to be carrying anything that is illegal or unlawful (either within the country of Collection, within the UK, and/or within the country in which the Consignment is to be delivered), You hereby indemnify Us from any and all losses and/or damages that We may suffer as a consequence.
- We reserve the right to refuse to deliver, collect and/or transport any Consignment. This shall include parcels which are neither Your property nor sent on Your behalf.
- Warrant that any information or material provided to Global Corporate Logistics to enable Us to provide the Services will not breach or infringe any laws or persons’ rights.
- Disclaimer, Limitation of Liability, Indemnity
7.1 Nothing in these Terms shall limit and/or exclude Our liability for:
- a) death or personal injury caused by or resulting from Our negligence;
- b) any fraud and/or fraudulent misrepresentation.
7.2 Subject to the Specific Terms, any term, condition or warranty in respect of the quality, fitness for purpose, condition, description, or performance of the Services, whether implied by statute, common law, trade usage, custom or otherwise, is hereby expressly excluded.
7.3 Resupply of the Services is the absolute limit of Global Corporate Logistics’ liability howsoever arising under or in connection with the description, quality, condition, performance, or fitness for purpose of the Services or alternatively the collection, delivery, transportation or storage of a Consignment or Services by Us or any third party.
7.4 Global Corporate Logistics is not liable for any program or data loss or damage arising directly or indirectly from or in connection with the provision of the Services.
7.5 It is possible that damage to a Consignment may occur as a result of Our handling of it. If such is the case, our liability shall be limited as set out in these Terms or insofar as such is permissible in law. We limit Our liability in this way because:
- a) The value of a Consignment and the amount of any potential loss to You if a Consignment is damaged or lost is not easily ascertainable and, in many cases, it cannot be known to Us;
- b) The potential amount of loss that might be caused or alleged to be caused to You is likely to be disproportionate to the sum that We could reasonably be expected to charge You for providing the Service(s) under these Terms;
- c) We are not able to obtain insurance coverage that provides for unlimited compensation for Our full potential liability to all of Our customers. We recommend that You take out such cover as may be required.
7.6 In terms of these Terms, damages suffered by You (including any loss of, or damage to, a Consignment, however arising, shall be deemed to be damages as long as it was caused by Our negligence, breach of duty and/or other wrongful act or omission, and any breach of any of these Terms, or any terms which may be implied by statute, as applicable.
7.7 We undertake to investigate all such claims for damages in a fair, fast and efficient manner.
7.8 Global Corporate Logistics is not liable for any indirect or consequential losses or expenses suffered by You or any third party, howsoever caused, including but not limited to loss of turnover, profits, business or goodwill or any liability to any other party.
7.9 Global Corporate Logistics will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by You or any person claiming through You where Global Corporate Logistics has failed to meet any delivery date or cancels or suspends the supply of Services.
7.10 Nothing in these Terms, including the Specific Terms, is to be interpreted as excluding, restricting or modifying or having the effect of excluding, restricting or modifying the application of any legislation applicable to the supply of Services which cannot be legally excluded, restricted or modified.
7.11 Global Corporate Logistics does NOT warrant that any particular results will be achieved through the Services provided. Where Global Corporate Logistics indicates specific targets that it will attempt to meet through the provision of the Services, such targets are not warranted and a failure to meet such targets will not be a breach of these Terms or the Specific Terms.
7.12 Unless expressly provided for in these Terms and/or the Specific Terms, there shall be no third-party beneficiaries under these Terms and/or the Specific Terms.
7.13 For the purposes of these Terms, We may assume that any item contained within a Consignment belongs solely to You. If another person should make a claim (including legal costs and/or expenses) against Us for loss or damage to any item beyond Our liability to You, You hereby agree to indemnify Us against any and all such losses and/or liabilities and You further agree that We shall have no liability to You in these circumstances, regardless of whether or not such claim exceeds any limitations of liability as set out in these Terms.
7.14 You shall indemnify us against any losses and/or liabilities that We may suffer as a result of loss or inability to complete delivery of a Consignment due to ambiguous or faulty labelling of such Consignment.
7.16 Limitation on the Amount of Our Liability. In the event that We are liable to You, We shall only be liable to You up to the following amounts and only under the following circumstances:
- a) should We lose or damage all of a Consignment, Our total liability will be £50.00 unless this amount is greater than the actual value of the Consignment then We shall be liable to you for the full value of the Consignment when lesser than £50.
- b) should We lose or damage part of a Consignment, the value of the Consignment, as calculated in 7.16 (a) above, shall be pro-rated to represent the proportion of actual loss to determine actual value. Our total liability will be £50.00 unless this amount is greater than the actual part value of the Consignment.
- c) should We cause You loss or damage some other way, Our total liability shall be £50.00.
7.17 Should you not deem the provision of Our liability sufficient to cover the value of the Consignment, You must secure additional insurance separately from a reputable insurer to cover any potential loss. If You do not do this, We will not be liable to You for more than has been stated in clause 7.16 of these Terms.
7.18 Global Corporate Logistics shall not be liable to You for loss or damage arising directly or indirectly as a result of Excepted Risks.
8.1 The Customer shall be required to submit all claims to Global Corporate Logistics, in writing, within 30 days of Us accepting Your Consignment, failing which Global Corporate Logistics shall have no further liability to You whatsoever.
8.2 All claims are limited to one claim per Consignment, and the settlement shall be the full and final settlement for all loss or damage in connection with such Consignment.
9 Confidential Information
9.1 The Parties agree not to disclose Confidential Information. Neither Party may use or take advantage of any Confidential Information without the disclosure consent, even beyond the duration of these Terms and/or the Specific Terms.
9.2 This obligation does not apply to:
- a) information known to the receiver before disclosure by the other Party, or
- b) information which becomes public knowledge without fault on the part of the receiver, or
- c) disclosures made to the extent required by some applicable legal or regulatory requirement.
10 Intellectual Property Rights
10.1 Both You and Global Corporate Logistics warrant that in performing the carrying out their obligations and responsibilities in accordance with these Terms and the Specific Terms, both parties will not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party and that the Services will not require Global Corporate Logistics to make any additional payment in respect of any third party intellectual property rights.
11.1 Either Party may terminate according to the provisions, as contained in the applicable Specific Terms.
11.2 Either party may terminate these Terms and/or applicable Specific Terms immediately by giving written notice to the other party if the other party:
(a) commits any material breach of any term of these Terms and/or applicable Specific Terms, and:
(i) the breach is not remediable; or
(ii) the breach is remediable, but the other party fails to remedy the breach within 14 days of receipt of a written notice requiring it to do so; or
(b) persistently breaches the terms of these Terms and/or applicable Specific Terms.
11.3 Either party may terminate these Terms and/or applicable Specific Terms immediately by giving written notice to the other party if:
(a) the other party:
(i) is dissolved; or
(ii) ceases to conduct all (or substantially all) of its business; or
(iii) is or becomes unable to pay its debts as they fall due; or
(iv) is or becomes insolvent or is declared insolvent; or
(v) convenes a meeting or makes or proposes to make any arrangement or composition with its creditors.
(b) an administrator, administrative receiver, liquidator, receiver, trustee, manager or similar is appointed over any of the assets of the other party; or
(c) an order is made for the winding up of the other party, or the other party passes a resolution for its winding up (other than for the purpose of a solvent company reorganisation where the resulting entity will assume all the obligations of the other party).
11.4 Effects of termination
- a) Termination will not affect either party’s accrued rights (including accrued rights to be paid) as at the date of termination. This shall include Our right to be paid immediately for any and all unpaid invoices, including any interest due, in respect of services supplied where the Consignment has been delivered but the invoice has not yet been issued;
- b) Termination will not affect a Consignment that has already been paid for and which We have received but not yet delivered. We shall honour Our commitment to deliver the Consignment in accordance with these Terms;
- c) If a Consignment has been received by Us but not yet paid for or delivered, such Consignment shall be returned to You at Your own cost;
- d) Any accrued rights, obligations, remedies and liabilities shall not expire upon termination. This shall include the right to claim damages in respect of breach of any of these Terms.
- e) As will more fully reflected in the Specific Terms.
- Excepted Risks and other circumstances beyond the control of Global Corporate Logistics
12.1 If Global Corporate Logistics is prevented from or delayed in performing its obligations under these Terms and/or the Specific Terms as a direct result of any Excepted Risks or any such circumstances beyond the control of Global Corporate Logistics, then Global Corporate Logistics shall be liable You for any delay or failure to perform any of Our obligations and such prevention shall not be considered a breach of these Terms and/or the Specific Terms but shall relieve Global Corporate Logistics of our obligations to perform.
- Cancellations and Deposits
13.1 If, through circumstances beyond the control of Global Corporate Logistics, it is unable to effect delivery or provision of the Services, then Global Corporate Logistics may cancel Your order (even if it has already been accepted) by notice in writing to You.
13.2 Any deposits paid are considered non-refundable. Upon special request, Global Corporate Logistics may hold accounts in credit to the value of deposits paid for future work.
- Data Protection and Privacy
14.2 Your submission of any such data represents Your agreement to such transfer of data.
14.3 In the event that Global Corporate Logistics is required to disclose Your data under compulsion of law, Global Corporate Logistics shall endeavour to notify You of such need for disclosure immediately upon being notified of any such need for disclosure.
15.1 You may not deal with these Terms and/or the Specific Terms without the prior written approval of Global Corporate Logistics.
15.2 Global Corporate Logistics may assign or otherwise transfer all or any part of these Terms and/or the Specific Terms by any means. In such event, Global Corporate Logistics shall give you 30 days’ notice prior to making an assignment or transfer.
- Changes and Variations
16.1 Global Corporate Logistics reserves the right to make changes to these Terms from time to time without prior notice, however, any changes, amendments and/or modifications to the Specific Terms shall not be effective unless set out in writing, expressly identified as an amendment to such Specific Terms and signed by the authorised signatories of Global Corporate Logistics and You.
- Governing Law
17.1 These Terms, and any dispute arising out of or in connection with them, shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
17.2 The provision of 17.1 does not restrict Us from proceeding against You in any other court of competent jurisdiction to the extent permitted in law.
18.1 Before resorting to litigation to resolve any dispute between Global Corporate Logistics and You, we both agree to allow a period of 30 days to elapse and, within that 30 day period, to hold good faith negotiations with a view to endeavouring to resolve such dispute.
19.1 Except as otherwise provided for in these Terms, or the Specific Terms, as appropriate, You will not:
- a) modify, adapt, reproduce, or create derivative works of the Services;
- b) sell, lease, distribute, rent, sublicense, transfer or provide access to any of the services to a third party;
- c) use the Services for any competitive analysis or to build any competitive products;
- d) use the Services for any other purpose than as intended, including for the benefit of any third party;
- e) incorporate any of the Services into a service You provide to a third party, without the prior written consent of Global Corporate Logistics;
- f) interfere with or otherwise circumvent any incorporated mechanisms in the Services;
- g) reverse engineer, decompile, decode, decrypt, disassemble, or in any way derive source code from the Site, except to the extent expressly permitted by applicable law;
- h) obscure and/or remove any proprietary/trademark/copyright and/or other notices contained in any of the Services;
- i) publicly, including through social media platforms, disseminate information regarding the Services; or
- j) encourage and/or assist any third party to do any of the aforementioned.
20.1 No breach of any provision of the Terms and/or Specific Terms, will be waived except with the express written consent of the party not in breach.
21.1 If any of the provisions of these Terms, including the Specific Terms, are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable, such provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining Terms, including the Specific Terms, which will continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Publicity Rights
22.1 You grant to Global Corporate Logistics the right to identify You as a client of Global Corporate Logistics in any promotional materials, including our Site. Global Corporate Logistics shall immediately refrain from doing so upon Your written request.
23.1 Unless specifically stated and/or agreed otherwise, “working days” shall not include Saturdays, Sundays or public or bank holidays.
23.2 Global Corporate Logistics will not provide any refunds or reductions of charges if We receive less than the number of parcels for which You have contracted.
23.3 If, upon receipt of Your Consignment for delivery, We determine that the weight and/or dimensions of the Consignment has been undervalued by you during the course of placing the order, Global Corporate Logistics reserves the right to collect the additional amount due from You prior to forwarding such Consignment on to its final destination. Furthermore, Global Corporate Logistics reserves the right to terminate Your account in the event of repeated underestimations in weight and/or dimensions of parcels and/or consignments.
24.1 Any notices given by one party to the other must be in writing and must be delivered personally, sent by pre-paid first-class post, or sent by email, for the attention of the relevant and identified representative of such party.
24.2 A notice will be deemed to have been received at the relevant time set out herein (or where such time is not within business hours, when business hours next begin after the relevant time set out herein):
- a) where the notice is delivered personally, at the time of delivery;
- b) where the notice is sent by first class post, 48 hours after posting; and
- c) where the notice is sent by email, at the time of the transmission (providing the sending party retains written evidence of the transmission).
Should you have any questions regarding these Terms and/or our Services, please don’t hesitate to CONTACT US.